Sunday, September 6, 2009

 

Mike Judge on Lynda Barry


Mike Judge (writer/director of Office Space talks about Lynda in an interview from ScreenCrave:


Who in the entertainment industry are you a fanboy of?

MJ: One of the first ones was Bill Griffith who did the Pinhead. I totally fanboy-ed Don Novello as Father Guido who also did the brilliant The Laszlo Letters. When I first did my animated shorts on VHS tapes, I did Bill Griffith and Lynda Barry impersonations. I actually got a letter back from Lynda Barry, a postcard that read, “I got your videotape. I don’t have a VHS player yet.” I got a letter back later on that said she really liked it. Her stuff back in the 1980’s was really inspired.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]